Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My first attempt at Ikat nails

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog.  This is so overdo!  I've been wanting to blog about polish for so long now and finally decided to dive right  in! 

So I've been addicted to polish for a while now and have been following nail enthusiast like myself.  Here lately I've found so many new nail bloggers and polish lovers on Instagram.  I really had no clue as to how many people really loved nail polish like myself.  So needless to say I've come across some  great nail art and polish swatches to say the least.  But one design I've seen for some time and actually it took some time to grow on me is the Ikat nail art.  When I first saw the design I thought its was just ok.  I guess repetition will have you consider some things huh?  I decided to give it a try yesterday for my weekly manicure. 

I posted it on my Instagram and people seemed to like it but I did put out there that it was my first attempt at the design.  The more I looked at my nails the design grew on me.  I was more impressed with my clean up job to be hsedonest. Haha!  I will definitely give it another try.

I used  beauty supply store brand polish called Nicka K as a base.  The polish didn't have a name but its a very pretty tiffany blue polish.  For the design of the Ikat I used other opaque polishes in my stash and for a few of them some black and white acrylic paint just to see which would work best. 

Thanks so much for reading and allowing me to share what I love.  I'm still a work in progress but as one of my friends said.."Practice makes Perfect". 

No comments:

Post a Comment