Thursday, May 8, 2014

Nail Foils

 

As you can see I had to do a major chop on my nails. I had two breaks on my left hand and one on my right. I had patched all three up but somehow my patch had failed me on my right which is my hand I like to photograph.

Needless to say I decided to chop them all off once again. I really like my nails at a nice length for nail art. But being they are nubins now u still needed some GLAM! I call this length the "Celebrity" length. Most celebs don't wear stiletto nails or very long nails. If they do you will notice its for album covers, photo shoots or promotional reasons. But normally when on the red carpet they tend to wear them short.

So with my new "Celebrity" length I decided to give them a celeb glam look. Ok I just made that up. But I'm sure you get what I'm saying.

I had foils I had purchased a while ago and decided to use them. Foils are a quick and easy mani make over which doesn't require a lot of time. Pictured above I have a cheap top coat in my hand but wanted to take a pic before adding the top coat. I saw where quick drying top coat would make them appear cracked and would shrivel up. After using the cheaper top coat they dulled down and was very little cracking. I redid some and decided not to add top coat so they would stay shiney.

This is a perfect quick mani if you have a dinner date or a night out on the town but you would like for your nails to make a statement.

The nail foils come in different colors and are usually on a roll. Some come up to 6ft. You may also find them in small sheets as well.

Here is a pic(not the best quality) of them with top coat.

 

Nail-foils

Depending on the look you're going for, top coat may work for you. I like them best with out top coat. If you choose to go with out too coat the glue stays tack for a while so I would advise not touching anything, especially anything with loose fibers or cloth.

If you haven't given nail foils a try, please do. You will love the look they give your nails! Especially nubins like mine! Lol

 

No comments:

Post a Comment