Sunday, March 2, 2014

Lightning Bolt Nails

 

I can not stop looking at this manicure! The picture really doesn't do it much justice. After I received some more nail vinyls which were lightning bolts and I also received some straight vinyls. I decided that me and scotch tape and scissors were no longer friends.

I'm not a big fan of the color red but I do own a few bottles of red polish. Some red polish just remind me of old lady polish....no offense. So to break up the look of just another red I decided to add some yellow lightning bolts. I wanted it to sort of stand out. The color combo reminded me of Wonder Woman .

The red polish is by Nanacoco in My passionate love. The yellow lightning bolts is Mellow yellow by Sally Hansen Extreme Wear.

I tried to do a pictorial , but I can't tell you how many times I kept smudging a nail, or two, or three or not letting the polish to dry before adding the nail vinyls. But I do have pics and I will add what I did to achieve this look.

 

Sally-Hansen-mellow-yellow
Apply 2 coats of yellow and let dry. You can add a fast dry top coat to hurry the process.
Nail-Vinyls-LoveNPolish
Apply the nail vinyls to your nails and paint over top the nail vinyl and your nail and remove the vinyls immediately. Do not allow to dry.

 

LoveNPolish-Nanacoco-Polish
Apply top coat and your done!

I hope you enjoyed this quick mani I did. I'm going to do a separate post and review of the nail vinyls which I'm truly excited to do! But if you'd like to purchase some nail vinyls please go to www.nailvinyls.com. Tell them I sent you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment