Friday, February 7, 2014

Color Club Holographic Chevron Manicure

 

I'm behind schedule with my posting. It has been a hectic week this week. Work picked up at the salon this week which is always a good thing. Also I really have been lacking in energy this week as well and let's just say my hormones had a good run this week! Ha! When they are out of whack I'm usually less likely to do a lot of social networking. I might say anything! I get super sensitive. Ok enough of the TMI! On to this mani!

LoveNPolish-NailVinyls

So to keep myself from buying polish everyday like I did last week I decided to use some of my untried polishes or polishes I had only swatched. I really wanted to try out my new nail vinyls I ordered from nailvinyls.com .

About a year ago I bought so many holographic polishes and for some reason didn't wear them much. So I decided to wear one which was such a pretty pink holo . I had Valentines Day in mind when choosing it and figured I could do some red chevrons. Once I polished my nails with the Color Club polish in Holographic I really liked it by it self and decided to do an accent nail using one of my new polishes I got by Finger Paints called "He-Art Auction". The combo was so pretty I decided to to just wear it alone.

The next day I really wanted chevrons and as I looked through my stash realized none of my reds were really opaque enough to cover the holo. Being green is my favorite color I figured why not put another untried polish over it which was Rise and Shine by Sinful Colors with the nailvinyls .

I was so excited because I can't begin to tell you about my chevron struggle! I've tried the zig zag scissors and tape method and it has been a mess! So being my nails were 24 hours old and beyond dry enough it turned out good! Whew !

So I will be doing many more chevron looks so be prepared. Lol.

I hope you had a great week and I will add a few more pics of how my chevrons turned out.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment